Mechanical Engineer / Drafter
The Mechanical Engineer / Drafter’s responsibilities include assisting the Project Engineers in developing drawings and details required to produce Permit and Construction drawings. Duties include design, calculations, creation of plans, specifications, schedules, and details utilizing both AutoCAD and Revit. All drawings generated must adhere to graphic standards, checklists, and procedures- and follow the applicable building codes.
The Engineer should provide technical direction and ensure compliance with applicable building codes, quality standards, budget restraints, and constructability. This individual will be responsible for the design and layout of mechanical systems including HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection.
The Mechanical Engineer / Drafter reports to the Director of Architecture and Engineering Design.
- Working knowledge of MEP codes and practices.
- Uses engineering formulas and skills to ensure safety and technical accuracy in the design of projects.
- Review design projects for code compliance.
- Identifies and selects equipment from appropriate manufacturing catalogs for specific applications.
- Perform on-site investigations and surveys prior to design.
- Coordinates the contract documents between engineering disciplines for architects.
- Provides technical support to the architect during the design process and contractors throughout construction.
- Performs his or her drafting/design using AutoCAD and/or Revit and reviews own work for accuracy.
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering preferred with 1 to 3 years of job-related experience.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD and Revit, for drafting and design to complete a project.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Attend product-specific webinars/lunch and learns, site demonstrations, etc.