Summer Internship Program
The intern will spend an 8-week period (flexible based on candidate’s availability and/or interest) rotating amongst different areas of the design/build process. In doing so, the intern will be exposed to different concepts, techniques, processes, and managerial styles that will aid in an understanding for how all parties work together collaboratively, which replicates how we operate at Claris. At the end of the program, we hope the intern has a confident understanding of design/build and the different tasks required by every department to complete a project.
- 2 Weeks (FLEX): Project Management
Assist the Project Management Team in leading the project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, vendor leveling/buyout, submittal management, drawing management, project accounting, communication, and control.
- 2 Weeks (FLEX): Estimating
Assist the Estimator in timely estimating and budgeting procedures with an emphasis on preparing thorough budgets with adequate scope coverage and competitive numbers.
Reviews and updates historical cost data and estimating unit pricing.
- 2 Weeks (FLEX): Architecture
Assist the Architectural Design Team in leading the project design phase and the project manager and superintendent with design related questions during construction. Duties include drafting, design, creation of plans and specs, design coordination with engineers/consultants, and review and mark-up of submittals/RFIs.
- 2 Weeks (FLEX): Superintendent
Assist the Superintendent in daily on-site planning and scheduling, resource allocation, communication, daily log/reporting, inspections, RFI management, safety, design compliance, and quality control. This role will likely be based out of Claris’ on-site project trailer.
Claris is a unique firm to work for. Our methodology of having both Design and Construction professionals working side by side produces what we believe to be a superior product. Imagine working for a true Design/Build company that not only designs the product in-house, but then builds it with our Construction Management team.
What does that mean? Minimal change orders, minimal RFI’s, problems solved with a phone call, and no finger pointing. You will receive instant feedback from our construction team on constructability and cost, ensuring that your design works, therefore minimizing the potential for redesign.
Claris is a great place to work. We are looking for motivated individuals that have a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and replicate our core values: Competency, Effort, Selflessness, and Attitude. We are looking for professionals who want to jump in and help grow our very busy design team, who have been with Claris for the entire 31 years of Claris’ existence.
Claris also has offices in Charlotte, NC and Salt Lake City, UT. Our salary structure is consistent with the industry, and we provide a strong benefits package including health insurance, 401K, project bonuses, and PTO (Personal Time Off).
We hire for life. Our employee retention rate is 98%. If you like stability, you will love working at Claris. Our goal of the internship program is to hire full time employees, as we have done in the past, which has resulted in a team of individuals who have grown and excelled within the company.
- 2nd year through Graduate level student studying architecture, engineering, construction management, or design.
- General aptitude for design and construction
- Organized and focused individual looking to learn about the Design/Build process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams)
- Experience/proficient in Microsoft Project is a plus
- Experience/proficient in AutoCAD / Revit is a plus
- The intern will spend an 8-week (flexible) period assisting a variety of experts including project managers, superintendents, estimators, and architects.
- During the program, the intern will learn and experience, firsthand, how all parties work together throughout various stages of a successful Design Build project process.