The project manager is responsible to lead the project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, communication, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards on one or more projects.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Completes periodic job site safety inspections and provide copy to superintendent for follow up on safety violations. Supports superintendent in compliance with company safety plan.
- Ensures that all Safety and Health Standards are posted on the jobsites.
BUDGET / ESTIMATING / INVOICING
- Reviews and updates project estimate pricing.
- Completes timely and thorough buy-out procedures with an emphasis on completing all buy- out under budget with owner or owner’s representative that has the authority to sign off on the completion of the project.
- Prepares list of Subcontractors and/or Suppliers for quotation.
- Prepares quantity take-off sheets.
- Prepares detailed scope of works for each trade and review with superintendent to ensure that all scope items are detailed and included in proposal
- Project’s accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensures that all required administrative and field paperwork is completed weekly, including the review and approval of all invoices.
- Responsible for coordinating Owner billings with accounting and tracking payments from Owners. Complete all payment application to Owners by the 5th of the following month
- Processes change orders and ensure Superintendents have all information for implementation.
- Responsible for reporting monthly job cost projections by the 25th of each month.
- Prepares project estimates for major tenant improvements and major project revisions.
- Prepares the project schedule with the Superintendent prior to the start of the project to ensure that both the field personnel and office staff are working together toward the same common goal.
- Monitors the job progress for compliance with the project plan and schedule. Provides monthly updates on the 15th of each month for review by President.
- Coordinate Owner furnished items for project impact and deliveries relative to project schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with Owner due dates for Utility services relative to start up of equipment.
- Coordinates the submittal process by checking all items for compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Creates and update a detailed submittal log ensuring that all submittals are received and reviewed by all parties involved with the project.
COORDINATION / COMMUNICATON
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities. Responsible for directing the project Superintendents.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Oversees the construction project from start to finish and monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis. Holds regular status meetings with all the sub- teams.
- Ensures the project is completed in conformance with the signed contract, subcontracts, purchase agreements, plans, specifications and changes.
- Schedules and attend preconstruction, weekly project meetings and post construction meetings. Produces meeting minutes in a timely manor and distribute to all parties for record and follow up.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensures project documents are complete.
- Assures the quality of the overall project by utilizing the Zero Punch list program.
- Reports on the status of the project as accurately as possible with emphasis on the anticipated cost to complete.
- Ensures the President is made aware and has the needed information on any problems that may be of corporate interest.
- Tracks awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, and procuring materials
- Acquires thorough knowledge of plans, specifications and project conditions.
- Responsible for all correspondence required with Owner, Subcontractors and Suppliers to properly document the project.
- Serves as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Exceeds client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
- Prepares the project close out manual and plans for the owner and reviews final product with owner or owner’s rep.
- Communicates effectively with the subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Completes contract to subcontractor/vendor and ensure that signed contract is received prior to any major work activities taking place
- Evaluates performance of Subcontractors/Suppliers. Upon completion of project provide overview of which subcontractors/suppliers surpassed expectations and which fell below expectations.
- Verifies with Office Manager that all Subcontractors have proper licenses, insurance information, up to date Labor and Industries payments and financial capabilities to complete their work.
- Coordinates with construction personnel regarding construction practices, techniques, strategies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives, also work with and mentor assistant project managers, architects, and superintendents.