Claris Design•Build wants to grow the engineering capacity of our design department and is in search of experienced engineers that appreciate stability, collaboration, and love what they do.
Claris is a unique firm to work for. Our methodology of having both Design and Construction professionals working side by side produces, what we believe to be, a superior product. Imagine working for a true Design/Build company that not only designs the product in-house, but then builds it with our Construction Management team.
What does that mean? Minimal change orders, minimal RFI’s, problems solved with a phone call, and no finger pointing. You will receive instant feedback from our construction team on constructability and cost, ensuring that your design works, therefore minimizing the potential for redesign.
Claris is a great place to work. We are looking for motivated individuals that have a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and replicate our core values: Competency, Effort, Selflessness, and Attitude. We are looking for professionals who want to jump in and help grow our very busy design team, who have been with Claris for the entire 31 years of Claris’ existence.
Claris also has offices in Charlotte, NC and Salt Lake City, UT. Our salary structure is consistent with the industry, and we provide a strong benefits package including health insurance, 401K, project bonuses, and PTO.
We hire for life. Our employee retention rate is 98%. If you like stability, you will love working at Claris.
- Connecticut Professional Engineer license.
- A minimum of 5 years of solid industry experience.
- The ability to take the lead on multiple projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of MEP codes and practices.
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD. Revit would be a bonus.
Managing and Growing an in-house design team:
- Monitoring Projects.
- Assigning Tasks.
- Assist HR with interviewing candidates and conducting yearly performance reviews.
- Assist with annual budgets and setting goals.
- Ensure each project is completed in conformance with the project programming, scope, budget, signed contract, subcontracts, purchase agreements and code requirements.
- Monitor the design progress of projects for compliance with the project plan and schedule.
DAILY DESIGN TASKS
Duties include design, creation of engineering plans and specs, scheduling, resource allocation, communication, and control while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with building codes, quality standards, and constructability.
- Work in house with licensed Architects and Engineers as well as the Project Managers and Superintendents who will be building your vision.
- Attend project meetings.
- Specification selection and implementation. Materials selections.
- Submittal / shop drawing review – recognize cross-discipline coordination requirements.
- RFI response – appropriate type and tone, recognize broader implication / coordination issues.
- Assist with project closeout manual and as-built plans.
- Correspondence required with Project Team.
- Incorporate field best practice standards.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to understand how the pieces come together in real world applications.
- Field Surveying, Dimensional and Conditional.
- Functional Design, Programming, Budgetary Concerns.
- Engineering Building Code.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives.
- Attend product specific webinars / lunch and learns, site demonstrations, etc.
- All C.E.U Courses required to maintain license will be reimbursed by Claris.