Claris Design/Build wants to grow the engineering capacity of our design department and is in search of an experienced HVAC engineer that appreciates stability, collaboration, and loves what he/she does.
What is unique about working at Claris is we have design and Construction professionals working side by side which, we believe, produces a superior product. Imagine working for a true Design/Build company that, not only, designs the product with our own people, but then builds it with our Construction management team.
What does that mean? Minimal Change orders, minimal RFI’s, problems solved with a phone call, no finger pointing. You will receive instant feedback from our construction team on constructability and cost, ensuring your design works and minimize redesign.
Claris is a great place to work. We are looking for a motivated individual that has a positive attitude and a good sense of humor. We are looking for someone who wants to jump in and help grow our very busy design team which has been with Claris for the entire 31 years that Claris has been in business.
Claris also has offices in Charlotte NC and Salt Lake City UT. Our salary structure is consistent with the industry, and we provide a strong benefits package including health insurance, 401K, project bonuses, and PTO.
We hire for life. Our employee retention rate is 98%. If you like stability, you will love working at Claris.
- Connecticut Professional Engineer license. A New York license would be a bonus.
- A minimum of 5 years of solid industry experience.
- In depth knowledge of construction principles and techniques.
- The ability to take the lead on multiple projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of MEP codes and practices
- Working knowledge of auto CAD. Revit would be a bonus.
Duties include design, creation of engineering plans and specs, scheduling, resource allocation, communication, and control while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with building codes, quality standards, and constructability.
Work in house with licensed architects and engineers as well as the project managers and superintendents who will be building your vision. Get instant feedback on constructability, cost, and quality to create exactly what the client needs in an appealing and efficient design.
- Initiate and keep the current PROJECT DESIGN CHECKLIST.
- Ensure the project is completed in conformance with the project programming, scope, budget, signed contract, subcontracts, purchase agreements and code requirements.
- Schedule and attend preconstruction, weekly project meetings and post construction meetings as needed.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Specification selection and implementation. Materials selections.
- Quality Control – cross discipline check sets, permit, and construction sets.
- Submittal / shop drawing review – recognize cross-discipline coordination requirements.
- RFI response – appropriate type and tone, recognize broader implication / coordination issues.
- Manage field changes and revisions to the construction and as-built sets.
- Assist with project closeout manual and as-built plans.
- Assist in preparing the design portion of the project schedule with the PM or project Executive to ensure that all parties are working together toward the same common goal.
- Monitor the design progress for compliance with the project plan and schedule.
- Assist in the submittal process by checking all items for compliance with the project plans and specifications as requested by project team members.
- Responsible for correspondence required with Owner, Engineers, other Design Professionals, Subcontractors and Suppliers during design phase and during course of construction as required by design issues. Project Executive or Manager may be responsible depending on the stage of the project.
- Assist in preparing the project close out manual and plans for the owner and review final product with owner or owner’s rep. as required.
- Communicate effectively with the subcontractors assisting in design and responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Incorporate field best practice standards.
- Sheet set up, Red-line revisions, CAD standards implementation.
- Field Surveying, Dimensional and conditional.
- Functional Design, Programming, Budgetary concerns.
- Engineering Building Code.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives, also work with and mentor assistant project managers, engineers, and superintendents.
- Attend product specific webinars / lunch and learns, site demonstrations, etc.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to understand how the pieces come together in real world applications.
- Work with PMs and supers to resolve design issues and conflicts.
- C.E. Courses as required to maintain license, to be reimbursed by Claris.
Will reimburse for relocation expenses