Full Time, Status: Open
UT - Salt Lake City
Posted 9 months ago
- Promotes job site safety and encourages safe work practices.
- Reviews and updates project estimate pricing.
- Completes timely and thorough buy-out procedures with an emphasis on completing all buy-out under budget with owner or owner’s representative that has the authority to sign off on the completion of the project.
- Prepares list of Subcontractors and/or Suppliers for quotation.
- Prepares quantity take-off sheets.
- Prepares detailed scope of works for each trade and review with superintendent to ensure that all scope items are detailed and included in proposal
- Analyzes drawings and specifications.
- Understands contractual terms and conditions.
- Assembles accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Lump Sum, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provides clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organizes subcontractors quotations, negotiates to insure quotes meet contract documents.
- Completes Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitors progress, requisition change orders and identifies any potential risks.
- Maintains relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Insures site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Works with and deals with concerns of field personnel.
- Provides and maintains unit pricing and database for material and labor costing.
- Formulates cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
- Meets with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
- Selects metrics to produce valid estimates.
- Visits sites to gather essential information.
- Reviews documents or consults experts to collect all necessary data.
- Prepares or helps to prepare a preliminary schedule for jobs being estimated.
COORDINATION / COMMUNICATION
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Acquires thorough knowledge of plans, specifications and project conditions.
- Communicates effectively with the subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinates with construction personnel regarding construction practices, techniques, strategies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives, also work with and mentor assistant project managers, architects, and superintendents.