Director of Business Development
Claris Design-Build, we develop and empower talented teams to provide innovative solutions while delivering an exceptional construction experience. Over the last 31 years, we have built a legacy founded on safety, stewardship, passion, and collaboration. In both our work and our relationships, we aim to always do the right thing, the right way.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Director for Business Development to lead our strategic and operational marketing initiatives and customer relationship activities in our Salt Lake City Division. Join our team and be part of the experience.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate is an action-oriented, extroverted, empathetic, persuasive, and dynamic communicator, whose focus is on developing and maintaining relationships and on a strong commitment to results and to a team approach. He/she/they must possess initiative, knowledge of the AEC industry, and of general business and management principles, as well as strong analytical and exceptional leadership skills. The ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and collaboratively, on multiple projects simultaneously, with urgency, flexibility and poise are essential.
Minimum requirements include five (5) of experience in the AEC Industry. This position requires impeccable communication skills—both verbal and written. Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks, work well under deadlines and follow-through tasks/goals to completion are also mandatory.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; CRM; and various web applications is preferred. Position requires frequent travel around the territory and participation with clients and organizations before, during and after normal business hours. Individual must possess valid Driver’s License, in good standing.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Company’s vision and strategy.
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability.
- Liaise with members of senior management team on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, review, and report on the division’s business development strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed.
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results.
- Develop and implement interview/presentation strategy. Must be able to lead and direct team members to effectively interview and win work through interview presentations.
- Provide competitor and market analysis.
- Research and develop an intimate understanding of the Company, our market, our competitors, potential opportunities (current and future), the construction industry & trends.
- Generate leads, using wide variety of sources.
- Identify and regularly attend industry network events, fully participate in industry associations and network with architects, engineers, developers, subcontractors and vendors and potential clients.
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising, and promotional planning through Marketing.
- Manage resources within departmental budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values, and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners, and regulatory/official bodies.
- Lead an effective and cohesive business development/marketing team.