Junior Architect / Design Drafter
The Junior Architect/Design Drafter responsibilities include assisting the Project Architects and Engineers in developing drawings and details required to produce Permit and Construction drawings. Duties include design, creation of plans, elevations, sections and details utilizing both AutoCAD and Revit.
- Assist with the design document creation process for multiple projects simultaneously. Projects may be at various stages of design and/or construction.
- Prepare construction design documents in Revit or CAD, as required by project.
- Check all work before releasing/publishing design documents.
- Assist with coordinating with the design team for each project including all required 3rd party consultants, engineers, in-house personnel, etc. Attend regular design meetings with the design team as required throughout the process.
- Assist project architects and engineers in ensuring all project design documents are coordinated and complete.
- Assist design team with maintaining the latest current drawings on Procore and distributing to project team. Coordinate with construction project management team.
- Attend pre-construction, weekly construction project meetings and post construction meetings as needed to assist Project Architect and/or project management team.
- Assist with submittal / shop drawing reviews throughout project as required. Coordinate with engineers, consultants, and project management team for thorough review. Recognize cross-discipline coordination requirements.
- Assist with design related RFIs throughout the project. Responses to have appropriate type and tone, and recognize broader implication / coordination issues.
- Assist with field changes and revisions to the construction and as-built sets.
- Assist in preparing the project close out manual and plans for the owner and review final product with owner or owner’s rep. as required.