The assistant project manager, or project engineer, is to assist the project manager in the project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, communication, and control, as well as ensuring compliance with quality standards.
DUTIES INCLUDE ASSISTING WITH THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Completes periodic job site safety inspections and provide copy to superintendent for follow up on safety violations. Supports superintendent in compliance with company safety plan.
- Ensure that all Safety and Health Standards are posted on the jobsites.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives.
BUDGET / ESTIMATING / INVOICING:
- Review and updates project estimate pricing.
- Complete timely and thorough buy-out procedures with an emphasis on completing all buy-out under budget with owner or owner’s representative that has the authority to sign off on the completion of the project.
- Prepare list of Subcontractors and/or Suppliers for quotation.
- Prepare quantity take-off sheets.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work for each trade and reviews with superintendent to ensure that all scope items are detailed and included in proposal
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure that all required administrative and field paperwork is completed weekly, including the review and approval of all invoices.
- Coordinate Owner billings with accounting and tracking payments from Owners. Complete all payment application to Owners by the 5th of the following month
- Process change orders and ensure Superintendents have all information for implementation.
- Prepare and update the project schedule with the PM and Superintendent prior to the start of the project and periodically thereafter.
- Monitor the job progress for compliance with the project plan and schedule.
- Coordinate Owner furnished items for project impact and deliveries relative to project schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with Owner due dates for Utility services relative to start up of equipment.
- Coordinate the submittal process by checking all items for compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Create and update a detailed submittal log ensuring that all submittals are received and reviewed by all parties involved with the project.
COORDINATION / COMMUNICATON:
- Facilitate the coordination efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Prepare meeting agenda and record meeting minutes as required.
- Ensure the project is completed in conformance with the signed contract, subcontracts, purchase agreements, plans, specifications and changes.
- Schedule and attend preconstruction, weekly project meetings and post construction meetings. Produces meeting minutes in a timely manor and distribute to all parties for record and follow up.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Assure the quality of the overall project by utilizing the Zero Punch list program.
- Report on the status of the project as accurately as possible with emphasis on the anticipated cost to complete.
- Track awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, and procuring materials
- Acquire thorough knowledge of plans, specifications and project conditions.
- Prepare the project close out manual and plans for the owner and reviews final product with owner or owner’s rep.
- Communicate effectively with the subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Complete contract to subcontractor/vendor and ensures that signed contract is received prior to any major work activities taking place
- Verify with Office Manager that all Subcontractors have proper licenses, insurance information, up to date Labor and Industries payments and financial capabilities to complete their work.
- Coordinate with construction personnel regarding construction practices, techniques, strategies, and procedures.